Zesty grapefruit with lemon and lime. Blended with notes of melon, rose and jasmine. This is refreshing, cleansing and energising.
All come packaged in the LL branding with a stunning box complete with our stylish branding. This makes a great gift.
All our products are hand poured and made in the UK using the finest quality ingredients.
Zesty Grapefruit 200g Home Candle Boxed
8.1cm x 9.3cm Lasts up to 40 Hours
All of our candles are produced with great care but the key to a perfect burning candle is not only how it is made but how it is burned.
Always store candles in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight, as they are sensitive to temperature and light. This will avoid any damage to the structure of the wax, which could affect the way your candle performs.
Candles burn best in still air. Draughts can cause a candle to smoke or burn unevenly. Make sure they are placed away from open windows and doors.
Before lighting always ensure your candle wick is trimmed to approximately 5mm and remove any “clubbing” on the wick. This will prevent the candle from smoking and ensure a better scent diffusion, whilst also reducing the size of the flame and avoiding possible thermal shock to the glass. Please make sure the wick is centralised at all times, if the wick becomes off-centre at any time, extinguish the flame.
To get the best possible burn time from your candle, you will need to set the candle memory. The size of the wax pool on the initial burn sets the memory for the life of the candle. So when you light your candle for the first time do not extinguish it until an even liquid wax pool has been created right to the edge of the glass, this can take between 3-4 hours. Your candle will then burn evenly all the way down. If you extinguish your candle before a complete wax pool has been formed “tunnelling” will occur and you will be left with an outer rim of wasted wax.
Ensure the candle wax pool is clear of debris prior to burning. Match heads and wick remnants in the wax pool can lead to a candle flaring due to the debris igniting the wax, so remember to remove any wick debris from the candle before burning.
Extinguishing your candle
Always use a candle snuffer to extinguish your flame. Blowing out your candle is not recommended as the liquid wax may splatter and the wick may continue to glow and emit smoke.
- Make sure you remove all packaging before burning and always read individual candle warnings.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire and allow ample headroom for the candle flame in a well-ventilated area.
- Never allow the flame to touch the side of the glass and stop burning your candle when the wax level drops to 10mm from the base.
- Do not place candle in direct contact with a glass, marble or wooden surface whilst burning. Make sure all candles are burned on a flat heat resistant surface away from children & pets.
- Ensure the candle wax pool is free from debris prior to burning.
- Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles.
- Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Prior to burning always check that the glass is not cracked or damaged and discard if this is the case.
- Leave the candle to cool down and allow the wax to solidify before moving.
- If the candle smokes, the flame becomes too high or flickers excessively, extinguish it, then trim the wick and check for draughts before lighting again.